Summa sidvisningar

måndag 7 mars 2011

My first real earthquake experience

Yesterday I had my first proper earthquake experience – 6.2 on the Richter scale with its epicentre just south of the Chilean border. About 7:40 in the morning I found myself wondering who on earth was shaking my bed. It took my a few seconds to realize that I actually was experiencing my first proper earthquake and by the time I had leaped out of bed and put my jeans on the door to my room was rattling. I made a quick escape plan calculating that I had shoes by the door that I just need to slip into and decided that putting on socks would be a waste of time. Once out of my room I banged the door to Ida's room calling ”Wake up! There's an earthquake!”

Fortunately it stopped after a while and I decided to leap into the shower rather than trying to snooze a while longer. Later on in the morning I met up with my boss, Mattias, who took me to do some rock climbing. I was lucky enough to be able to borrow gear from him and we spent half of the day trying to overcome my fear of hights. This was the first time that I climbed outdoors and the second time I climbed properly at all, so my legs got really wobbly. While going up I wondered what on earth I had gotten myself into, but once back with my two feet on the ground I was really happy.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar